dental care-new paradigm.mpg
Low Cost Rural Dental Health Care in India is important because nearly 700 million Indians in rural areas have no or poor access to dental care. Doctors are few, equipment inadequate, treatment expensive. Fear of pain and the typical dental chair drive children away. What we have here is a unique low cost, fear-free, simple dental care model evolved by Dr. Jacques Verré a dentist from Auroville delivering dental care to 25000 people in 19 villages in Tamil Nadu. His dental center trains village women to carry out minimal dental care like fillings and simple extractions. This training is promoted by the WHO as Atraumatic Restoration Technique (ART). Dr. Verré has moulded ART with Concept 0-PD and a global terminology to describe, diagnose, treat and record data. The target population is mainly children. Treating caries at young age has yielded very good results in ensuring a healthy young population! The children are happy to have their teeth cleaned.
Video Rating: 5 / 5
- Milwaukee Dentist discusses back to school dental care for kids
- Dental Care Program for Children and Adults with Autism
- US Economic Collapse 1 in 3 Americans can’t afford to see the dentist ! America’s Dental Care Crisis
- DFWfamilydentistry.com – DFW Family Dentistry: Fort Worth/Dallas Texas Dentist & Dental Care
- Shore Children’s Dental Care Overview